Baking doesn’t have to be complex, and some of the best recipes and bakes are quick and effortless. If you’re a novice or a pro, there’s nothing like an easy recipe that yields a scrumptious bake afterwards!
We can’t get enough of our Easy Lemon Pound Loaf recipe this summer. It’s refreshing and everyone loves it.
½ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 + ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup sour cream
½ cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
– Line a loaf tin with greased waxing paper
– In a large bowl, using either a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Add the eggs one by one, and beat after adding each egg
– Beat in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla essence
– In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
– Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly, alternating between the flour and the sour cream bit by bit
– Pour into your lined loaf tin and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until test stick comes out clean
– Once cooked and slightly cooled, make your glaze mixture by mixing the icing sugar and lemon juice and drizzling over the top
– Cut into slices and enjoy with your afternoon tea!