When last have you made or had beer bread? The kind you can have with melting butter that goes with almost any meal. We have the easiest beer bread recipe with only 3 ingredients!
You don’t need to drink beer to enjoy beer bread. Go for a light beer if you aren’t sure, but any type can make phenomenal beer bread. The kids can also enjoy it as the alcohol bakes out.
Beer bread is not just for the beer lovers and there’s nothing like some soul-warming food on a chilly winter’s day! You can mix it up a bit when serving with honey, feta or even a few slices of jalapenos.
Let’s get baking!
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 can beer at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Butter or grease a loaf pan.
- Mix all the ingredients and spread evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, the exterior of your bread will be golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 mins, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tag us in your images if you give our easy beer bread recipe a go and use #ELKBeerBread.