The number one sign that a recipe book has been put to good use is when the pages are bent, there are oil splatters everywhere, and it’s dirty. Let’s call the digital version of that the recipe when you bookmark it and go back to it whenever you need to make something you know won’t flop and will knock everyone out of the park. We have that recipe for you, and we’re putting out a little challenge as well – if you make our brownie recipe, post a picture on social media with the hashtag #ELKbrowniechallenge so we can see!
Without further ado, these are our no-flop, melt in your mouth, full of fudgy gooey-ness chocolate brownies!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 300g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- One espresso shot
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 85g cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cake flour
- 12 Lindt truffles (flavour of your choice), chopped up
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line your baking tin (23cm one is perfect) with wax paper and grease with butter.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the oil and sugar.
- Whisk in your eggs, egg yolk, vanilla, and espresso. A hand-whisk will suffice.
- Gently stir in the cocoa powder, followed by the flour, and then fold in the chopped-up chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a tester stick comes out clean, but keep an eye on it though.
- Leave to cool on a baking tray before cutting into squares and garnishing with some icing sugar or edible glitter.
How easy could that be?! Are you ready to give it a shot and tag us? Go wild and experiment with some candied bacon, marshmallows, caramel, and anything else you can think of!